Friday, May 21, 2021

A Little Photoshop Entertainment

 We went on a castle adventure, so there had to be magic.

the author in 1870s winter dress, holding a stick that has been photoshopped into a glowing wand surrounded by translucent smoke effects

In high school I took photoshop (I'm not sure if this counted as an art class, or a technology class?), and loved learning effects that let me zhoosh photos into something a little more otherworldly. I don't play with it often, but I still really enjoy photography and the editing process.

Do I really need to hone my patronus-conjuring skills? No. But adding to or drastically altering photographs pushes me to consider the composition, light, and color balance because all of those come into play. So I think it helps keep my eye sharp for future photoshoots even if they don't require magic!

Since I'm still in a non-sewing, too-drained-to-finish-that-dance-research-post transition, I thought I would share a few of my attempts. 

In addition to the patronus above, I gave myself a wand...


...and an owl.
the author standing in the open stone arch of a castle, in 1870s winter dress. An owl is flying in the background through the castle ruins


It's a different kind of creativity, but it's nice to mix it up every once in a while!


2 comments:

  1. 'Do I really need to hone my patronus-conjuring skills?' Um, YES. That's all.

    And, your wand conjuring skills are great, too. ;)

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful and evocative...a fresh take on costume shots!

    ReplyDelete