Monday, December 17, 2012

The "Dickens Christmas Doll"

I am, as usual, very behind in posting. Drat!  Well, as I mentioned in my first Christmas post, December is a busy month for time travel.  I wrapped the holiday season up this weekend with a day as Ellen Emerson for the Orchard House Christmas program, and I am greatly looking forward to going home to see my family next weekend!

Anyway, while I haven't quite made it to a real post yet, here is a quick snap from caroling before Fezziwig's Ball!  I wore a bonnet I made several years ago, based on a description of an original (which will get it's own post eventually), my fur cape, and my tartan ballgown.  While Antonia was taking this picture she also decided I was the "Dickens Christmas Doll," so here I am, as a Madame Alexander.

by the town Christmas tree

in front of the hall

bonnet profile
I hope everyone else is perfectly prepared for the holidays! Or, if you've just finished, that you had a lovely Hanukkah.  (We celebrate both, so I am full of latkes and preparing for holiday food round two!)

1 comment:

  1. I just want to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!

    http://quinnmburgess.wordpress.com/2013/01/21/wow-another-blog-award/

    Best,
    Quinn

    ReplyDelete