Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tulle Princess

This weekend I went to another Greater Boston Vintage Society event, and I even had a new dress to wear without pulling an all-nighter. Yay!

As I mentioned in my last post, I started this dress (a 1950s tulle prom dress) at the beginning of the month, and with another a solid second Saturday afternoon I got it finished. The event was based on Back to the Future, and had the same "enchantment under the sea" theme as the prom Marty and his parents-as-teenagers attend in the movie. And just like the movie, the dance was in a cute little school gym with fish decorations and streamers. Perfect!

I have another post coming on tulle 1950s prom dresses (and some more construction dresses from this project!), but in the meantime here are a few snaps of the finished product!

not a particularly great photo, but you can see the dress! the waistband is attached and has a butt bow in the back

The glitter heels came out of my closet--I just happen to own ridiculous things...

I think this is my favorite picture from the set!
I don't have any pictures of it, unfortunately, but man did my skirt twirl! (I also changed shoes for dancing, so no twisted ankles occurred.)

And just for fun, a couple of doctored "1950s" shots:



BONUS! Here's the prom from the movie:



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Fun pictures. You look fabulous and have some seriously sparkly shoes. Glad you put up pics.

    Quinn

    ReplyDelete