As a result, I finished around 4:30am on the Saturday morning of the performance. Not my favorite way to sew! But I am really mostly happy with this project. I love the lace and brocade, and the colors are awesome. I did mess up a few things (namely the draped green piece over the closure on the front side seam) because I was sewing while exhausted, but they're fixable. All in all, this could have gone a lot worse and I will definitely keep this in the wardrobe (with some fixes)!
I also tried out a new technique (thanks to Emily!) to get iconic finger waves into my hair. While they are usually associated with flappers and the 1920s, they do show up earlier in softer forms. Here's an example:
|fashion image, 1914|
Here are a couple of quick progress pictures, and two of the finished product from the performance!
|the whole crew for the performance|