Thursday, June 9, 2016

Living the Dream: Vogue-ing at Versailles

I'm a big fan of Annie Leibovitz's dramatic portraits, so it should come as no surprise that I've been in love with her shoot of the Marie Antoinette cast at Versailles since it was published in Vogue since 2006. 
Annie Leibovitz for Vogue Magazine (you can see the rest of the shoot here)
When thinking about my own trip to Versailles, I had a particular image in mind as inspiration:

Annie Leibovitz for Vogue Magazine
I'm incredibly lucky to have friends that are always game for photography experiments, and when I said "I really want a picture based on the Vogue shoot of you all looking bored" they obliged. I am also very lucky to meet lovely people who offer to take my picture--so after setting up the shot, I handed off the camera and jumped in. Thank you, A! 

the shot
I worked off of that theme to get a few more group shots and a couple of solo self-portraits, and I love how they came out. Hooray for indulging all my favorite things at once!







3 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! I'm so jealous of you all - it seems like every year more and more people I know go to Versailles.

    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog award (my post is here). Don't feel pressured to do it if you don't want, but I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoy reading this :)

      Delete
  2. Stunning! Your francaise turned out so beautifully! It looks like you had the most amazing time at Versailles.

    ReplyDelete