Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Preparing for "the Season"

Newport Vintage Dance Week is a crazy whirlwind of classes, teas, costumes, sparkle, and lovely balls.  Naturally, I'm totally freaking out about getting everything sewn and packed in time! Ah!

But I feel bad neglecting you all, so here is a pretty hilarious episode of one of the SciFi channel ghost hunter shows where they investigate the Astor's Beechwood Mansion.  Unfortunately, this mansion (one of my favorite ballrooms ever!) is no longer open to the public, but it was super cool.  Here you can see it and learn about how haunted it is!

I have to warn you, though...having spoken to members of the staff, none of them bought the stories featured here--and they lived in the house.  I say this as someone who does fully believe in ghosts, though, so make up your own minds!



No comments:

Post a Comment