Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Quiet End to Summer

For the first time in possibly the last six years I didn't have to move on September 1st, which seemed like an open invitation to have a picnic! A couple of friends and I headed to the Boston Public Garden for a really low-key, relaxing last hurrah before fall. It was lovely, and nice to see friends I haven't gotten to see in a while, since August has been so busy.

We ate, had a ukulele sing-a-long, and watched the swan boats. I took the opportunity to play with my Petzval lens, which led to some great pictures and some...not so great ones. As soon as my arm gets tired, I have a hard time holding the lens steady enough for a clear shot. Something to build towards! In the meantime, it was a perfect way to end a very busy summer: a little bit of calm before my crazy work schedule picks up later this month.

A ukulele serenade as the swan boats go around (this is what I meant by blurry pictures...)
 To set the tone, here is a 1920s ukulele song about a girl playing the ukulele--I couldn't resist!



 

I love the Boston Public Garden...hanging out there never gets dull. It's like an impressionist painting come to life.




A quick lesson!





swan boats!

The beauty of the post-tourist season summer is that the Make Way for Ducklings statues are actually empty enough to be photographed!


I'm sad summer activities are coming to an end, but there are so many exciting things coming up during the colder months. If you're in the Boston area, please join me!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a lovely day. Sorry Cori and I couldn't make it. We're still up for a fall outing of some kind but I think it's going to have to wait until mid October after the wedding. Soooo much to do this month.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'm sure we'll do something fun and vintage once you're less crazy!

      Delete